This imposing Georgian house built in1820 is located in the centre of a quiet Suffolk town and is currently undergoing major refurbishment.
AAMR has been commissioned to restore and conserve fixtures, fittings and period furniture.
- Strip right back to Beechwood frame
- Carry out repairs and reinforcement of the sprung steel curved structure
- Castors repaired and cleaned
- Re-upholsterd using existing horse hair stuffing and new as necessary
- Recover with new top fabric in original deep buttoned design
- Supply matching cushions
No treatment proposal.
Period Fire place Surround
Splendid period fireplace surround in the front drawing room of Beech Lawn House required much work so it was removed to my workshop to enable the work to commence.
- Stabilise frame , attend to loose joints and reinforce with glue blocks
- Re-glue loose and lifting plaster[ gesso ] decoration
- Make silicone rubber moulds of missing plaster details and use to reproduce new
- Pin and glue new mouldings and floral decoration, colour to blend in
- Repaint / touch up paint work using various Farrow & Ball water based pastel colours
- Distress and patinate frame to blend in