The Perse Preparatory School, Cambridge.
Designed and fabricated by AAMR these four solid brass handrail supports were commissioned by the Perse Preparatory School, Cambridge to replace the existing unsuitable & poorly made fittings during a major refurbishment of the main school building.
Originally known as Leighton House it was completed in the 1860`s for Robert Sayle the then owner of a large and successful Cambridge city departmental store; it continues to trade today as part of the John Lewis Partnership.
Later the house was used for boarding pupils from The Perse School, founded in 1615 by Dr. Stephen Perse, a Fellow of Gonville & Cauis College and from 1910 onwards by the new Perse Preparatory School.
(Images by kind permission of the client.)